Birds provide many benefits to Alabama residents and visitors. Their natural feeding habits assist in controlling the bug population. Their morning song relaxes and soothes a waking mind. Shore birds help to keep beaches clean of dead fish, and birds provide recreation in the form of hunting, photography, and bird watching. However, when these birds become a nuisance, you need bird control.
Birds in some situations, though, can be a hazard, and a costly nuisance. Woodpeckers pound on walls making loud noises and creating holes through which they can enter your attic. Pigeons nest on awnings and drop feces making a mess on sidewalks and in doorways. Starlings, Doves, and Sparrows nest in chimneys causing fire hazards. And Sea Gulls in the Gulf Shores and Orange Beach area are a nuisance to restaurants and business owners as they leave messes on sidewalks and cars and harass customers for food. In fact, birds can,
- Enter buildings and cause damage to homes and businesses.
- Clog machinery in industrial businesses causing breakdowns.
- Build nests that are highly flammable.
- Destroy crops and gardens.
More importantly, however, birds carry insects and diseases that can spread to humans. With more than twenty known diseases including the Avian Flu, Encephalitis, Meningitis, Tuberculosis, and Typhoid, bird related illnesses are a major health issue.
Advanced Pest Control works to free you of your bird problems using safe and humane methods. Our service includes,
- Depleting their food supply to encouraging them to leave.
- Screening or blocking potential access points.
- Discouraging roosting with devices that hinder the ability.